Fans can now win free Bitcoin, Ethereum, Avalanche, Solana, or Dogecoin through Chipotle’s new video game to use to buy real food at stores.
On July 25th, Chipotle Mexican Grill announced the launch of its own interactive game, Buy The Dip. The announcement comes in preparation for July 31st, a special day in the hearts of all Chipotle fans, National Avocado Day.
Chipotle initially immersed itself in the crypto world in April 2021. They announced becoming the first restaurant in the United States to launch a cryptocurrency giveaway. “Burritos or Bitcoin” pledged to hand out $100,000 in Bitcoin to celebrate National Burrito Day.
The restaurant also dabbled with crypto in June 2022, when they enabled customers to pay for delicious burritos and bowls with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin amongst many other cryptocurrencies. Restaurant goers were able to pay with crypto using Flexa.
The release of Buy the Dip piggybacks off Chipotle’s recent activity within the esports world. In April 2022, the iconic Mexican food chain created a Roblox game allowing customers to earn burritos in real life. Through Roblox’s platform, gamers built burritos at Chipotle’s first location in 1993. While the game was not a wild success, it did well enough for Chipotle to create Buy The Dip.
- Enter the game’s website, here.
- Click “Play Buy The Dip” and follow the prompt to either sign into your Chipotle Rewards account or create a new one.
- The game can be be started by clicking “Play Now.”
- Players will press “start” to move the crypto line chart.
- Users then will click “BUY THE DIP” for a chance to win 1-cent Queso Blanco, 1-cent guac, or free cryptocurrency.
- If a prize is won, players will have 15 seconds to “CLAIM” their prize or “SWAP” it to earn a different one. If a prize isn’t won, you can click “TRY AGAIN” for another chance.
- Players will have three chances to win every day from July 25th through July 31st from 10am – 6pm