Electric razors are a necessity for most men with facial hair. While you can go with a rotary blade, foil shavers are often a popular choice because they’re considered best for shorter, thinner beards and keeping things in shape. Even then, there is such a wide variety of options out there on the market. No worries though, because we’re here to help you with the best foil electric shavers on Amazon.
- Consider charging – Foil electric shavers, like all electric shavers, can either be powered with batteries that die, rechargeable batteries or powered by the mains. Make this decision depending on what you have easy access to or even what room you’re in when you’re shaving.
- Consider wet vs. dry – A lot of electric razors in the market will be well enough suited for both a wet shave and a dry shave that this decision will fall solely on your preference. Many men with sensitive skin and men who want a close shave will go with a wet one, but a dry shave is certainly easier and takes less time.
- Consider cleaning – An under looked part of owning an electric razor is the fact that it’ll need to be cleaned after every use. Luckily, foil razors aren’t the most difficult to clean, but the foil will need to be protected. If you want the work off of your hands altogether, some premium options come with their own cleaning station.
Braun’s Series 3 310s is made from stainless steel and is cordless because it uses long-life NiMH batteries. They’re rechargeable too, so you don’t have to consistently have a pack of batteries around to keep yourself well groomed. The shaver also comes with a protective cap so that it won’t get damaged or dirty between uses. It’s also waterproof, so you can use water to clean it with no problem. In terms of the razor itself, there are two rows of evenly space grooves which makes for an efficient shave. Keep in mind that this razor doesn’t go out of its way to give the closest shave, but it will do the job for most.
- Long-life, rechargeable batteries
- Protective cap
- Not the closest shave
This foil shaver by Remington is great because between the foils sits their intercept shaving technology. It basically means that longer hairs are already trimmed by the time they reach the main shave. The pivot and flex foil technology means that if you have facial hair growing over your jawline to your neck, that area won’t be too tricky to get to. There’s also a pop-up detail trimmer for those finer areas, like shaping your sideburns. Keep in mind that many have stated that this electric shaver can be very loud.
- Pivot technology
- Pop-up detail trimmer
- Easy to clean
- Very loud
This foil shaver by Andis has blades that are made from titanium. The blades themselves are also staggered, which means that you get a closer shave and you won’t end up with patchy stubble after one shave. If you have sensitive skin, this is also a great option because of the hypoallergenic foils which will reduce irritation. If you like to let your facial hair grow pretty long, then you might struggle with this because it’s certainly made for shorter hairs.
- Staggered blades
- Good for sensitive skin
- For short hairs
The Arc5 by Panasonic has not one, not two, not three, not four, but five blades which have very thin outer foils and sharp inner blades. The motor is incredibly fast and boasts an unfathomable 70,000 cross-cutting actions per minute, which means it can power through longer, thicker hair easier. You can get either a wet or a dry shave here without problems and there’s a pop-up trimmer. If you’re on the go a lot, there’s a travel lock and travel pouch for that too. This is a premium option, so one of the few downsides to consider is that if you’re not used to a very powerful shave, this might irritate your skin initially, especially if your skin is sensitive.
- Fast motor
- Cuts thick hair well
- Wet and dry
- Good for travelling
- Can be a lot for sensitive skin
Last up is a great option which is all-encompassing. Along with the razor itself, it includes a foil guard, a charging plug, a cleaning brush and instructions on operating. With this, you’ll get a bump free shave and stray hairs will be eliminated. The brush that comes as part of the package makes maintenance quite easy and while this is a cordless shaver, if it happens to be out of battery and you need a shave immediately, you can just plug it in. Be aware that to get the closest shave, you might have to go over the same area a few times.
- Includes everything you need
- Bump free shave
- Cleaning with brush is simple
- Might need to pass over your skin multiple times